Sunday, March 20, 2005

THE GIRLS....THEY'RE GOING....WILD: OK, I know Thursdays are the customary movie release date in the rest of the world. And I know that to combat movie piracy, studios have on occaision gone with a Thursday US release and day and date worldwide for big movies that are likely to lead to piracy--Star Wars Episode II, Matrix sequels, and Lord of the Rings. What I can't figure out, for the life of me, is why "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous" warrants this treatment. Thoughts?

And Sandra Bullock, if you're looking for your next role--I give you your source material--for some reason, the New York Times decided it would be funny to send Maureen Dowd on Spring Break to Cancun. We learn many important things, including Maureen Dowd's fixation on nachos, and, um, that Maureen Dowd finds herself supremely interesting. Dowd does at least have the good sense to make the obvious "Girls Gone Mild" joke in the headline.

No comments:

Post a Comment