Friday, May 28, 2004

BEST. COMMENTARY. EVER.: I used to love "Alias." The smart, intricate plotting of the first two seasons, the awesome acting, the great action sequences. I own the first two seasons of the show on DVD. I was looking forward to the third season, given the massive and clever cliffhanger that ended the second season. Yet this season, it felt like they were making it up as they went along, a problem compounded by the fact that Lena Olin wouldn't come back, and fangirl outrage caused the change of a major plot arc.

I wasn't going to pick up the S3 DVDs for that reason, but now, I might. Yes, for the first time, a TWoP recapper will be providing commentary for a DVD episode. Now, can I ask for the following other ones? Miss Alli providing commentary for DVD sets of either "The Apprentice" or "The Amazing Race?" Deborah providing commentary on "West Wing" or "Joan of Arcadia?" Shack providing commentary on a new "From Justin to Kelly" DVD (read the recap. No, seriously.)?

And just to add to my shameful "AI" confessions--never watched an episode, but I really like the Kimberly Locke single. Maybe she just got better songwriters than other folks did ("Some people wait a lifetime for that one special kiss?").

No comments:

Post a Comment