Sunday, February 6, 2005

THE SEASON-ENDING BIG GAME IN JACKSONVILLE OPEN THREAD I: Comments area is open for pre-game predictions and what-not. Later today, we'll set one up for comment on the commercials, the entertainment, and, God forbid, The Game itself.

As for me, while I entered this period thrilled but not optimistic, at some point this week I decided to drink the Kool-Aid. I still can't rationally explain how it's going to happen, though cliches like "in one game anything can happen" and "watch the turnovers and special teams" are involved, but it will. And the fact that over the course of his career, Jim Johnson's defenses have held 60+% of opposing teams to 17 points or under. Also, Terrell Owens will score a touchdown.

I don't know when we've ever had two Super Bowl teams with such brilliant, creative coaching staffs before. It's going to be a treat to watch, and a glorious party when we win. Eagles 23, Patriots 17, but as long as the Eagles don't lose this in a nailbiter, I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment