Thursday, August 24, 2006

FURTHER COMMENTS FROM PLUTO: "Fans, for the past few hours you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest planet, err dwarf planet, on the face of this solar system. I have been included with the major planets for 76 years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans.

Look at these grand planets. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of your celestial existence just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, I'm lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Jupiter? Also, the star of the others orbit around, The Sun? To have spent years with that wonderful little planet, Mercury? Then to have spent the next nine years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best planet in the solar system today, Earth? Sure, I'm lucky.

When Neptune, a planet whose orbit you would give all the methane in your atmosphere to intersect, and vice versa, sends you a gift - that's something. When everybody down to the asteroids and those meteors remember you with trophies - that's something. When you have a wonderful moon, Charon, who takes sides with you in squabbles with your other two moons, Nix and Hydra, - that's something. When you have a gravitational field that works so you can have a spherical body - it's a blessing. When you have an inclined orbit who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed - that's the finest I know.

So I close in saying that I may have had a tough break, but I have an awful lot to live for."

No comments:

Post a Comment