Sunday, October 22, 2006

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU, TOO, PREDICTED SOMEONE WOULD SAY "IT'S WEIRD TO BE HERE, SINCE SOMEONE I KNOW FOUGHT HERE IN 1991": Welcome to Kuwait City week on the Race, where most of the teams arrived via Mumbai (am really surprised it wasn't Dubai), but one team seemed to arrive via Oceanic Flight 815, so blessedly lost did they become.

[Quick World Series insert: holy crap, when did Josh Gracin grow out his hair? But don't worry -- he still stinks as a singer.]

I have one mild race construction quibble about this leg -- given what happened last time out, wasn't a certain element a bit convenient? Still, it did provide the right amount of drama and decisionmaking, so I won't complain.

I tend to prefer urban legs, because they're the ones in which I imagine I'd do the best -- be nice to the locals, learn to navigate, pay attention. That said, despite my repeated claims to the contrary, I also happen to be a big fan of legs in which virtue is rewarded and the wicked are punished, and if you're into the whole morality thing as well, this was your leg. So saddle up your camel, fill your bags all the way to the top and load up on cheap gasoline -- it's comment time.

No comments:

Post a Comment