Wednesday, December 6, 2006

I LACK DURAN DURAN'S VERSION: While on the train home tonight, browsing through my iPod, I noticed I have three very different songs titled "Rain" on there (Dana Glover, Jackopierce, and Madonna). This led to me to wonder, what song title do I have the most different songs for--with different versions by the same artist (live and studio) and cover versions of the same song not counting. "Breathe" clocks with three (if you ignore subtitles) (Faith Hill, Michelle Branch, Anna Nalick), as does "One" (Aimee Mann, U2, and "A Chorus Line" OCR), "Save Me" (Jem, Bird York, and Aimee Mann), and "Superman" (Lazlo Bane, Sister Hazel, and Five For Fighting). But the winner, if you count both phonetic spellings and ignore subtitles, is "Thank You," with Alanis Morissette's "Thank U" sharing space with Dido's "Thank You," Christina Aguilera's "Thank You (Dedication To Fans)," and Sly & The Family Stone's "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again)." What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment