Monday, July 2, 2007

OF COURSE, FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF WOULD HAVE BEEN 15 MINUTES LONG IF THIS WERE IN PLACE: I certainly have my protective side, but I can't imagine that when my daughter reaches driving age I'm going to want to install in her car a GPS tracking device that instantly alerts me when she speeds for more than 30 seconds, drives too late at night or -- and isn't this what Those We Don't Speak Of are for? -- drives past a designated perimeter zone.

What's more, this "Teensurance" program offers to conduct a psychological profile of your child to determine her potential risks behind the wheel -- is she a "me driver" or a "not me driver"? "How is your teen’s desire to engage in new, exciting, perhaps unconventional or even illegal experiences and sensations?" they ask. Apparently, "Teens that receive a high score on this scale are more likely to crash." Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment