Monday, December 17, 2007

MICHAEL BOLTON WANTS YOU TO KNOW THAT WHILE HIS HEAD IS SHORN, HE STILL HAS A LOT OF CHEST HAIR: That's one thing we learned in the premiere of the week-long Clash of the Choirs tonight, and given this community's interest in a capella singing I figured it was worth at least an initial thread. I don't think it's just my hometown bias talking when I claim that Miss Patti LaBelle's choir kicked the most ass, as its "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" was the only song that tried to work in the gospel tradition. Really, if you've got a good choir, why waste it on "Living on a Prayer" or "Life Is A Highway"?

The show itself ... I mean, we've seen enough audition segments in our lives already, right? But for a week of programming, this'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment