Thursday, February 14, 2008

BUT WE WERE REALLY HOPING YOU'D SHOW US SOMETHING MORE, YOU KNOW ... RUNWAYISCHE: If I've already gotten around to watching it off of Ye Olde DVR, then surely there are others who are ready for a Project Runway thread.

Personally, I hated the result because the winner (for the third time this season) took his top honors and glowing enthusiastic reviews from the judges with a design that I would have ranked dead last and laughable. On the other hand, I loved the result because others remained alive due to the Dreaded Cavalli Deadlock -- a little known principle of fashion judging that states any Italian designer of sufficient years and reputation can call bullshit on the likes of Michael, Nina and Heidi and get away with it.

And yet even Cavalli raved about the objective soul-searing atrocity perpetrated by this week's winner. He loved loved loved it. Obviously I know nothing about fashion, because I thought it was a bad joke. Not that the eliminated party's effort didn't look like it belonged on a female extra in an over-budget Lionel Richie video, because it did. As an aside, if you find yourself comparing some of the menswear in Richie's video (favorably) to the duds currently touted on Cavalli's site above, please let me know I'm not alone. Yes, anonymous commenting is acceptable for this purpose.

Here's an obligatory Final Fashion Week Collections link from Bravotv. Knowing you guys I bet I was the last one to that party, but I'm pretty sure we're yet to discuss. Favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment