Friday, June 6, 2008

HARD TO BELIEVE DOOGAL DIDN'T MAKE THE LIST: If you are one of those self-congratulatory parents who boasts about how they never have let little Timmy sit in front of the TV for six straight Spongebob episodes, please skip this post, but if you are one the great unwashed masses who says TV raised me and I turned out sort of OK, you know that one of the great joys of parenthood is the release of a great kids movie that will stand up to repeated viewings in the multiplex, on DVD, and then on cable.

That's a long way of introducing this list of The 25 Best Animated Movies (it's click-through, but not as annoying as the Entertainment Weekly lists), which does a pretty good job of hitting the genres high notes. Still the list criminally underrates Toy Story 2, which is the animated version of Godfather 2. Also, I know its heresy, but I find Snow White somewhat unwatchable. And though Pixar is well-represented with Toy Story and Toy Story 2, plus Incredibles, Nemo, and Ratatouille, but I'd find a place for Monsters Inc. on the list, too. I'm glad Hayao Miyazaki gets his props, but My Neighbor Totoro needs to make the cut, too.

Any other favorites miss the cut?

No comments:

Post a Comment