Friday, July 25, 2008

BUT, AQUAMAN, YOU CANNOT MARRY A WOMAN WITHOUT GILLS. YOU'RE FROM TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS: On BART today, I saw a lawyer-looking fellow reading one of those godawful monthly lawyer magazines put out by the California bar association. He was sitting, I was standing. And yet, he was flipping through a smaller book inside the "Northern California Super Lawyers" special issue. Having not a book of my own to occupy myself, I decided to snoop and hoped - perhaps - for a free peak at a Playboy or some such.

No, it's Marvel's Secret Invasion. Now, geeky as I am, I am not a comic book guy but, at the end of the day, if I had to read some Cal Bar publication, I'd be hiding it behind a comic book.

N.B.: Summer Cocktail Series #8: Pimm's Cup, will be up tomorrow a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment