Saturday, October 17, 2009

FOR US, PERHAPS, THIS IS IT: For everything we've said about the weirdness, sadness and likely criminal behavior of Michael Jackson, I've never seen an anecdote which made him seem normal (while still embedded within a dollop of weird) like the story AEG Live President Randy Phillips tells in this week's Entertainment Weekly cover story about an additional special effect Jackson wanted added to the London concerts:
We went and met with Michael, and [director Kenny Ortega] said, "Michael, you've got to stop. We've got an incredible show, we don't need any more vignettes." Michael said, "But Kenny, God channels this through me at night. I can't sleep because I'm so super-charged." Kenny said, "But Michael, we have to finish. Can't God take a vacation?" Without missing a beat, Michael said, "You don't understand -- if I'm not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince."

No comments:

Post a Comment