- Nice lack of subtlety in Nigel calling out Billy Bell: "the doctors said you could have danced, but it was up to you, and you screwed us. Good luck tomorrow night."
- Hey, Kherington! As shiny and happy as I remember her. Her mouth is so big that I think when she smiles she unhinges her jaw.
- I continue to like Robert (whose jazz with Lauren was the best of the night, I thought) and to appreciate Lauren Froderman without actually liking her.
- I did not get the overpraise for Jose, for Kent, or for the Tabitha-Napoleon hip-hop choreo that didn't have more than one second of decent footwork or any cool-looking tricks.
- And what was with the slowness of the pieces? I get that Jose's contemporary had to be slow so that he could keep up, but slow hip hop and slow rhumba? Yaaaaaawn.
- I'm really starting to notice the music supervisor on this show. I don't always like all the music, but it covers an extremely broad range. We've had two Florence + The Machine pieces, and this week we got Jon Brion. Nicely done.
- Kathryn is an elegant dancer. She looks stupid wearing Jodie Foster's Taxi Driver wardrobe. Whoever invented high-waisted shorts needs to lose his or her sewing license. Putting that getup next to Kent (who already skews yokel) in ripped cutoff jeans was a huge mistake. They should have danced the theme to Dogpatch.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
BULLETS OVER BROADWAY ROUTINE: Yeah, I know there was no Broadway routine on last night's So You Think You Can Dance. But I have so few thoughts about last night that I needed to use the bullets anyway:
Posted by Isaac Spaceman at 10:31 AM