- Michael Phelps' mom is shown.
- An American athlete is highlighted who doesn't play basketball, gymnastics, track (they're not talking to field), swimming, or beach volleyball.
- A non-US, non-basketball athlete is highlighted by NBC (2)
- Pompous "Olympic ideals" bullshit from Rogge.
- Costas makes some reference to the tension when Iran and Iraq follow each other in procession, as well as Ireland's serving as a buffer between those two and Israel.
- A Python, Steve Coogan, or the AbFab ladies.
- Her Majesty is dour (1), politely smiling (2), authentically happy (chug).
- Princesses Eugenie or Beatrice are seen, double if wearing hats.
- Correctly predicting a nation whose initial entry during the Parade of Nations is bumped by NBC for a commercial.
- Costas references, in any way, the 1904 St. Louis Olympics (chug).
- Full male frontal nudity, like they had in the 2004 Athens opening ceremony.
Friday, July 27, 2012
A FARM ANIMAL IS DOING SOMETHING ... UNPLANNED: BroBible, GQ UK, BBB, and no doubt other sites are starting to form rules for an London Olympics Opening Ceremonies Drinking Game for this evening. We can do better.
Posted by Adam at 9:57 AM