- The Album race is going to be interesting, since so many of the singles honored in the Record/Song category don't have an eligible accompanying album ("Shake It Off," "All About That Bass") or are from albums that didn't make much of a splash ("Chandelier," "Fancy")
- Beyonce didn't crack the record/song categories, but seems a safe bet for album, right?
- Despite being the top selling album of the year, recognition for Frozen thus far limited to soundtrack categories. No nomination for Menzel.
- The big winner from the nominations? Sam Smith, who's up for Record, Song, New Artist, Pop Solo Performance, and Pop Vocal Album, with a decent shot at getting into the Album of the Year category.
- For those looking for guidance on the Original Song Oscar, the Grammys are of little help, nominating 3 songs that were eligible last year alongside "Everything Is Awesome" and a song from the Glen Campbell documentary.
- EGOT Watch--Donald Glover (Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album), James Franco (Best Spoken Word), Sarah Silverman (Best Comedy Album), Neil Patrick Harris (Hedwig cast recording, with a win bringing him to EGT), and the Lonely Island (Best Song Written For Visual Media).
Friday, December 5, 2014
SHOULDN'T THEY REPLACE THE GRAMOPHONE WITH A COMPUTER? The Grammys have now announced their nominations in all categories save Album of the Year, and a few observations:
Posted by Matt at 3:12 PM