Monday, April 7, 2003

DOESN'T EVERYONE KNOW WHO FRAU BLÜCHER IS? I probably should be embarrassed about this, but I'm not.

The current issue of Entertainment Weekly has as its cover story The Great American Pop Culture Quiz -- one hundred questions to determine one's level of knowledge of the useless. Questions were things like "What was the password Matthew Broderick used in WarGames to access the NORAD mainframe?" and "Name all 11 places that hosted a 'Real World' series" (I forgot New Orleans).

Now, on the quiz, scored from 40-59 were considered decent, 60-79 were damn good, and 80+ was the savant range.

I got an 86.

Man, did I waste time during the 70s, 80s, 90s and into the new millennium. I'm just glad these efforts finally have been recognized. Some day, someone who matters is going to ask me who killed Laura Palmer, and I'll be right there with the answer, and some damn fine coffee on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment