Monday, April 7, 2003

SIX DAYS TO GO: I may well be the only person in America who felt this way, but I was really happy for the return of the BK Italian Chicken sandwich.

Growing up, I just loved the sandwich -- oval bun, overly sweet tomato sauce; stretchy, bland cheese; salty breading and indeterminate chicken content -- and I've hit the BK at Suburban Station 3-4 times in the two weeks since its reintroduction. I've been a happy young man.

But now, in preparation for writing this entry, I've learned some sad news. Come April 13, the sandwich is no more. Like Frosty the Snowman, Cooper River Salmon or tv's The Amazing Race, some great things can only be made available for limited periods before they are forced to depart us, only to make them appreciate their beauty that much more in their absence.

The BK Italian Chicken Sandwich is such an ideal form. Cherish it, savor it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment