Wednesday, October 22, 2003

NOT THAT ALCOHOLISM OR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ARE THINGS TO JOKE ABOUT, BUT, I MEAN, COME ON: Was I the only one who read David Gest's complaint against his ex-wife-to-be, and was struck by these passages:
"During the time between when Ms. Adams purchased the alcohol and returned to the automobile from the Chinese restaurant, the defendant consumed one (1) bottle of vodka and poured the other into a water bottle." (par. 9)

"The defendant repeatedly pounded plaintiff's head with her fists. The alcohol gave her remarkable force and strength." (par. 15)

And:
"Finally, after a number of attempts, Mr. Benavav (Gest's production manager) was able to free himself and run into an adjoining room. Upon entering the room he said in substance, 'She grabbed me so tight it was hard to breathe. She's stronger than any woman I've ever seen. I'm worried about her health and safety. We need to get her some place where she can be looked after. She could really hurt herself or somebody else. I just can't believe how strong she is on alcohol.' " (par. 30)

So, God help me, but I can't read these passages and get this image out of my head -- of Liza Minnelli, guzzling down a fifth of vodka, then whistling the Popeye theme as she opens a can of whoop-ass on Gest/Bluto.

I know it's wrong. But I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment