Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A METAPOST IN WHICH I YAMMER FOR A WHILE WITHOUT INCLUDING ANY MEANINGFUL POP CULTURAL COMMENTARY WHATSOEVER: Wow. This blogging thing is hard, yo. First I go on vacation for a week without realizing that I should have given my ALOTT5MA colleagues notice that they'd be called upon to cover Lost and Alias. Many thanks to Isaac for picking up my slack, although his coverage raised two issues in my mind: (1) Isaac is way deeper than I am. I need to find my notes from sophomore tutorial in college to refresh myself on all the philosophers. (Although I agree with the folks who think it's Kelvin, not Calvin. Perhaps he was just an absolute zero of a guy.) (2) I wonder if I could've gotten him to cover the So You Think You Can Dance finale if I'd remembered to ask nicely and perhaps send his wife a nice gift in the mail.

So then I come back and my TiVo and FauxVo inform me that I have something like 15 hours of television eagerly awaiting my return. Which would be lip-smacking good, except that I now know the pressure of a deadline. Six hours into the catch-up period, and the only shows I'm caught up on are the aforementioned Lost and Alias! Still awaiting a little extra free time are: Prison Break, Desperate Housewives (have y'all seen the DH backlash out there?) Gilmore Girls, America's Next Top Model, Threshold, How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development, The O.C., My Name is Earl, and The Not-So-Amazing Race. (I meant to start watching Grey's Anatomy this season as well, but, um, the free time? Not so much.)

If anyone would like to offer me an ALOTT5MA Fellowship enabling me to take a hiatus from my day job and dedicate myself to writing witty television commentary on a full-time basis while continuing to support myself in the manner to which I have grown accustomed, kindly let me know. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment