Thursday, January 12, 2006

DONTCHA WISH YOUR GIRLFRIEND WAS ON REALITY TV: I don't know how I missed this, but burlesque "musical group" the Pussycat Dolls apparently announces in the interior cover of their CD "all lead and background vocals by Nicole Scherzinger." And who, you might ask, is "Nicole Scherzinger?" Why, she used to be a member of Eden's Crush, a/k/a, the band from the WB's short-lived pre-AI attempt at a singing contest called Popstars (notable also for being the reality show on which actress Taryn Manning was an unsucessful contestant).

You may be wondering how I discovered this--which is, of course, a fair quest. iTunes is currently touting a new "vingle" from the Pussycat Dolls. I felt obliged to determine what this neologism meant--apparently, it's an attempt to mash-up "video" and "single," thus giving us a "vingle." I came across this information in my research. (To be fair, I would not have made the Eden's Crush connection were I not alerted to it by iTunes.) I'm scared. Very scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment