Friday, November 2, 2007

HOGEBOOM! Word comes today that Survivor All Stars II is filming in Palau right now (home of the Tom & Ian vs. The Tribe That Never Won season), and many of your favorites from seasons 9-15 will allegedly be there -- manipulative Ami from season 9; Ian and Jenn from 10; doorman Judd of "I hope you all get bitten by a freakin' crocodile, scumbags" fame, fishmonger Lydia and Gary Hawkins Hogeboom! from Guatemala; Not-Smoking Shane, Cirie Fields and Simsbury's Terry Dietz, the dumbest immunity-idol-holder-ever from 12; and then I skipped seasons 13-14 but understand that saying "Ozzy" and "Yau-Man" will get some cheers here.

In re last night, because I've been watching this season, I just feel like I'm seeing a group of amateurs playing Survivor. Many of the competitors are advancing what they think is "strategy," but seems wholly untethered to the needs of other castaways or reality (and, Jean-Robert, I'm looking at you first.) Someone like Danni Boatwright, Rob C. or Boston Rob would eat these kids for lunch, and the real question is how wisely Gravedigger James will employ the gifts that fell into his lap. [Side question: would it violate the rules of the game to just steal another competitor's property?] I did love that expected moment of d'oh! at Council, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment