Monday, June 9, 2008

SHARP-DRESSED MAN: The heat wave currently afoot on the Eastern Seaboard (seriously, my friendly radio informed me this morning that it's likely to hit 100 degrees today) leads us to an important question--what's the appropriate dress for business-type-men and women in weather like this. I'm fortunate enough to work someplace where the definition of "business casual" reaches polo shirts and no tie is required, but if you have to go more formal than that, it's very easy to get into trouble. Short-sleeved dress shirts make you look like a substitute high school history teacher circa 1985, and seersucker seems appropriate only if you are or are trying to be Tom Wolfe. Am I missing something, or are men's options here sadly limited? (I'm sure women face similar problems, and feel free to vent on those issues in the comments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment