Monday, August 18, 2008

OR HE COULD CO-STAR WITH JAKE GYLLENHALL IN 'AQUAMAN 2': So Michael Phelps wants to keep swimming in the public eye between now and the London 2012 Games. Our occasional acquaintance Dan Steinberg noted this quote:
I want to raise the bar in the sport of swimming more. You know, it's come a long way. I've heard about 70,000 people at Ravens Stadium staying after the preseason game to watch the relay on the big screen, to the 100 fly being on the Jumbotron at the Cincinnati Reds game. You know, four years ago, there's no way that would ever happen. I think the sport of swimming has come a long way so far and I think it can go even farther, and that's where I hope to take it, even farther.
Can it go farther? If so, how? Do you have some other path you'd recommend for Phelps? Or in the words of Josiah Bartlet, what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment