Friday, October 30, 2009

MEXICAN HALLOWEEN -- TRICK OR BLANK? All four comedies on NBC last night were pretty good, I thought -- sometimes in a one-linery way, but sometimes more than that. Abid's Batman on Community ran a little long, I thought, but Winger's flirtation with Grey's Anatomy's rebound Rose, who can really work a dimple, was nicely played. At the other bookend, I know some of our friends hate the pander-to-the-middle plotline on 30 Rock, but I'm amused by all the meta. And over at the mockumentaries, I always enjoy the episodes where Jim and Michael's relationship is inverted, and last night I didn't even have to miss the way the show often writes Jim as the voice of reason dead-panningly shooting down Michael's brainstormed bad ideas, because Parks & Recreation gave us exactly the same dynamic with Officer Dave, Leslie, and Andy's good cop/insane cop/insane FBI agent routine. Also, I still smile every time I see the Fremulon vanity card.

No comments:

Post a Comment