Tuesday, November 24, 2009

IN WHICH I SIT DOWN TO WRITE IN LIEU OF PLANNING MY THANKSGIVING MENU: I am gradually getting caught up on my TV viewing after a few weeks in which life got in the way of both television and blogging (not that I had anything to write about anyway, having been consuming nothing in the way of pop culture). I offer a few observations.
  • The final four on Top Chef are exactly who everyone thought they would be after, what, two episodes at the most? Ditto the top two designers on Project Runway. Have we all become such experienced reality TV viewers that we can no longer be surprised? Or have these just been really obvious seasons?
  • Fat Apollo kicks the snot out of Fat Barney.
  • I don't have a lot to contribute on SYTYCD thus far. My DVR ate one performance episode, and Cosmo Girl insisted on watching the other one with me -- skipping the jidges' comments. I plan to watch tonight, though -- alone, so that I can cuddle up with my BFFs Nigel and Shankman uninterrupted by demands that I hurry up and get to the next dance. Anything fabulous that I should be tracking down on the youtubes?
  • There is no more cringeworthy song on the planet than "(You're) Having My Baby," regardless of who sings it and under which circumstances. I do want to give a big shoutout to my own personal favorite unexpectedly awesome singing voice on Glee: Artie can sing his ass off.
  • Note to Lifetime: I hate video blogs. I like reading what Tim Gunn et al. have to say after the fact, but I don't want to have to watch even more TV to gain additional insight on the already-too-many TV shows I choose to watch. Plus it's much easier to quietly read a blog at my office than it is to quietly watch TV on my computer at my office. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment