Thursday, April 21, 2011

AMERICA KEEPS VOTING:  My one non-spoilery comment is that asking someone with Jacob Lusk's voice to sing "Hey Soul Sister" is like hiring James Joyce to write greeting cards. Yeah, sure, he could, but you're kinda wasting his talents.

Bottom three: Stefano, Jacob, Haley. Stefano goes home, and it's a shame because I really liked that performance. That said, (a) he wasn't winning the competition and (b) no one, save Scotty, truly sucked last night.

Next week: The Songs of Carole King.

6 comments:

  1. djdebs9:56 PM

    This makes me want to watch next week (I was thinking about quitting, even though this is my first full season since I started boycotting after Daughtry got voted off).  I love Carole King!  I'd love to know about how songs get chosen/assigned -- won't a bunch of people want "I Feel The Earth Move?"  And didn't someone already sing "Natural Woman" this season?  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nigel from Cameroon10:59 AM

    Do you think J Lo knows who Carole King is?

    I guarantee she does not know she wrote Natural Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that anyone should sing "I Feel the Earth Move.". That one seems too hard to update out of the seventies. But someone could really have a moment with Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow or So Far Away. I love It's Too Late, but again, I'm not sure how updatable it is.

    Someone should pull out the Natalie Merchant version of One Fine Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh---I only saw the first half of the show, through right after David Cook's performance (which I liked) but missed Katy Perry's performance, which sounds like it was ridiculous. Worth watching when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Haley get to do the Kylie Minogue mix of "The Loco-Motion"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. KCosmo1:13 PM

    So very relieved that the cheeseball is gone, no matter how "contemporary" anyone thinks he might have been in some alternative universe where the parks are all covered with cheese.

    ReplyDelete