- You request "don't ask me, I'll never tell" the content of your wish, but isn't your entire song telling us the contents of your wish? Doesn't that completely defeat your promise?
- You claim "I wasn't looking for this," with "this" apparently being a romantic relationship with the object of the song, yet it seems to have been the content of your wish. Why did you wish for something you weren't looking for?
- Given that you ask someone who you, by your own admission, just met "where you think you're goin', baby?," have you considered that you might be coming on too strong?
- While you acknowledge that your behavior is "crazy," have you considered that saying so might well be a turnoff?
- What if I'd prefer to text, tweet, or e-mail you? Are those acceptable?
- You say "it's hard to look right at you." Is this because I'm deformed or otherwise repugnant? If not, this is an odd choice of words.
- How were you able to miss me so bad (so, so bad) before I came into your life? Are you a time traveler? Otherwise living your life in a nonsequential fashion?
Monday, May 28, 2012
SONG OVERANALYSIS DESK: Some questions for Miss Carly Rae Jepsen:
Posted by Matt at 9:35 PM