- Third-grader Shaheer Iman of Baltimore, whose favorite word isn't "narco" but rather pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
- Northern Ohio's Vishnu Nastala is concerned about Hawaiian words.
- Ben Rydecki, of DeKalb, IL, is looking forward to his first plane ride.
- Patrizzia Fox-Beaudet of Redding, CA, is not messing around, including words such as scheherazadian, sprachgefühl, Götterdämmerung, and weltanschauung in her prep.
- Japan's Haruku Masuda reads 300 English language books a year, so she's ready.
- The Mattsassin's sister is back.
Monday, May 28, 2012
TODAY, THE BARBECUE; TOMORROW, THE WORDS: A few more articles on this year's competitors in the Scripps National Spelling Bee, which starts with the written round tomorrow:
Posted by Adam at 5:09 PM