Tuesday, December 24, 2013

DO THEY KNOW IT'S META TIME AT ALL?  I forget where exactly I saw this idea, but I find it fascinating: thanks to the records we're leaving on social and other online media, our grandchildren, great-grandchildren and generations far beyond them will know a heck of a lot more about our daily lives and interests than what any prior generation has made permanently and readily available about itself. The ramifications are ... well, I just hope they do actually look at some point, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avxpn_MsPYs&list=PL5488B3CB8FEF8B1E&index=2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony W4:35 AM

    The announcement that the Library of Congress was archiving all tweets creates an irony that Twitter, such a ephemeral media, may be the most permanent thing we every write.

    ReplyDelete