Monday, August 9, 2004

ALSO, WE HAVE NO MEN'S FIELD HOCKEY TEAM: Five things I learned by reading the NYT's Olympics special section yesterday:
1. KHORKINA! is back. This makes me irrationally happy. The diva is in the house.

2. Among the things which are Olympic sports, even while rugby is not, are Team Rhythmic Gymnastics and Synchronized Diving. Shoot me now.

3. I have officially read enough about Michael Phelps. Okay, he's to butterfly swimming what Michael Johnson was to the 200 meter sprint. Let's see him do it already.

4. Is there a better nickname in all of sports than The Thorpedo? Yeah, I didn't think so. Did you know Ian Thorpe's feet were size 17?

5. This is a lot of television coverage.

I still refuse to believe that Misty May is the name of an actual Olympian.

No comments:

Post a Comment