Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I LOVE THEIR COVER OF "THE REAL SLIM SHADY:" Yes, Kidz Bop 6, featuring the "Kidz Bop Kids" is now in record stores everywhere (and on iTunes). It's the album for everyone who's always felt that solid singles like Maroon 5's "This Love" and Evanesence's "My Immortal" could only be improved by having a worse vocalist sing lead, and a moderately manical children's choir singing backup. Ever wanted to hear children chant the lyrics to "The First Cut Is The Deepest?" Then this is for you! Most bizarre moments on this album? Children chanting "Too high, can't come down, losing my head, spinning round and round" on the chorus to "Toxic," and children shouting portions of the chorus of Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl." Most painful? Yes, a bad children's choir chanting the inane lyrics to Hilary Duff's "Come Clean," which manages to make even worse an already bad song. What's next? Kidz Bop Country featuring chanting of the lyrics to "Redneck Woman?"

Note that I do not in fact own the album, nor do I endorse anyone actually buying it, but it's just such an oddity that it's worthy of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment