Wednesday, January 25, 2006

SIMIAN SUPERLATIVES: Admittedly I'm a little bit behind the curve when it comes to the music the kids are listening to nowadays, so until this afternoon, I hadn't heard of the Arctic Monkeys, who, if you know anything, are the next big thing, duh. (You can watch a couple of the band's videos here and decide for yourself.)

Still, I'm not quite sure I am ready to pronounce their debut album, which is all of two-days-old, the 5th Greatest British Rock Album of All-Time, as NME did in its latest issue. The Monkey's Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, finished ahead of such oft-lauded albums as London Calling (No. 8), Revolver (9), and The Bends (11). Placing above the Monkey's album were: The Stone Roses self-titled debut, The Smiths' The Queen Is Dead, Oasis' Definitely Maybe, and The Sex Pistols' Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment