Wednesday, May 31, 2006

POSTPRANDIAL (via Kingsley): While we don't yet have the full listof qualifiers, Round 3 has begun, and it looks like Dr. Jacques and the gang have decided to take it easy on the kids, with nineteen in a row correct to start the round. We'll be here past Nightline tomorrow if they stick with words like this:
GAHR-goil: them statues what come out the sides of buildings
huh-RANG: to deliver a speech denouncing a streaky pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds.
SPEE-sees-iz-um: preferring one's own
REHL-uh-vuhn-see: See Fed. R. Evid. 401.
ihn-ad-VEHR-tunt: Oops, I did it again.
ohb-STREP-uh-ruhs: And I'll do it again.
pehn-uh-SILL-uhn: And if I do it again in Tijuana, I'll take two of these.
noo-MOAN-yah: Or else I may get this.
DECK-uh-dehns: My brother's bachelor party is this weekend.
vawd-VIHL-yun: Though that's not the kind of entertainment he's hoping for.
TAHR-puh-lin: Unless we go see Gallagher.
ron-DAY-voo: That's what I'm talking about. Ooh, Bruce Springsteen wants one too.

Follow it online, and feel free to post your thoughts here.

edited to add: GRIMACE? Someone got to spell GRIMACE? Lawrence Chiou is well on his way to winning the annual Dominic Errazo Award for the shortest, easiest path to the Thursday rounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment