- "I've heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the lord."
- "I may not always love you..."
- "In the days we sweated out on the streets of a runaway American dream"
- "I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel"
- "Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"
- "Guess who just got back today"
- "Tonight you're mine, completely"
- "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me"
- "The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee"
- "Once upon a time, dressed so fine..."
- "Hello (hello, hello), is there anybody in there?"
- "I hurt myself today to see if I still feel pain"
- "Many is the time I've been mistaken"
- "That's great, it starts with an earthquake"
- "I pulled into Nazareth, I was a feelin' 'bout half-past dead."
- "I once had a girl or should I say she once had me"
- "Tumble out of bed and I stumble to the kitchen"
- "Write you a letter tomorrow, tonight I can't hold a pen"
- "There's a port in a western bay, where they serve 100 ships a day"
- "Left a good job in the city"
- "Met her in a bar down in old Soho"
- "I can't believe the news today"
- "I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend, but really I'm not actually your friend"
- "Half a mile from the county fair and the rain kept falling down"
- "Well, they tell me of a pie up in the sky, waiting for me when I die"
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
RECLAIMING "SUPER FREAK" FROM MC HAMMER, DAVID CHAPPELLE, AND ABIGAIL BRESLIN: AOL's Spinner picks the 25 Best Opening Lyrics, with Rick James' "She's a very kinky girl" landing in the top spot. It's actually a very well-done list, but with just 25 there are so many great ones missing, such as these 25:
Posted by AlexG at 4:11 PM