- Legally Blonde: The Musical didn't get the big Tony nods last year, but the MTV broadcast is nominated for "Outstanding Special Class Directing" and "Outstanding Special Class Special" (also, Avenue Q star John Tartaglia is nominated for "Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series," alongside Kevin Clash and Bindi Irwin, for Johnny and the Sprites).
- I've never heard the song, but the fact that "You're The Freak" from One Life To Live is nominated as "Outstanding Original Song" amuses me.
- Cash Cab scores a couple of surprises--getting the third slot (after Trebek and Sajak) for "Outstanding Game Show Host," rather than Meredith Viera or Drew Carey, and knocking Wheel of Fortune out of "Outstanding Game Show," where it fights it out with Jeopardy! and TPIR.
- Can someone explain to me how "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," "Rachael Ray," and "The View" are in the "Talk Show/Entertainment" category, while "Tyra Strokes Her Ego" is in the "Talk Show/Informative" category?
- You'd think this blog would care that there's now a "Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program" category, but I find it exceedingly difficult to care.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO HAIL THAT CAB ONCE: Although I'm guessing the ALOTT5MA audience could care less about the many "Daytime Drama"-related awards included in the Daytime Emmy nominations, a few things of note (not including most of the kid-oriented programming awards, which I'm sure many will have thoughts on, which you're welcome to share in the comments):
Posted by Matt at 1:49 PM