Monday, April 28, 2008

WE ARE ALL IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER GOING TO RESEDA SOME DAY: Matt Zoller Seitz, founder and editor of the invaluable House Next Door (and proxy for Deadwood in the epic Sopranos-Wire-Deadwood fracas, i.e., defender of truth), is getting out of the criticism business (eta: "and into the getting-criticized business" is what I originally meant to say, before I hacked it out of the post). Seitz's work was some of my favorite -- scholarly and reflective, with an expert eye for the kind of detail that usually escapes amateurs like me.

The old joke about critics is that they're like eunuchs -- they've seen it done and they know how it's done, but they can't do it themselves. If that's true, I hope to find out that Seitz was never meant to be a critic. Best of luck to him.

Does this mean the House Next Door needs to change its URL?

Tip: Sepinwall

No comments:

Post a Comment