Friday, October 10, 2008

LIVE, FROM NEW YORK, IT'S EARLY THURSDAY EVENING: Maybe it's just me (and the financial industry), but yesterday was a really terrifying day. By the evening, I was both jittery and punchy, and that may have been the perfect recipe for an audience ready to enjoy SNL's prime-time Weekend Update Thursday Edition. I thought the debate was funny (hi, Chris Parnell; say hi to my cousin, Dr. Spaceman) and a few of the jokes really hit. Armisen's Obama still isn't funny (nor is Hammonds's McCain), but at least it's getting more accurate. More than that, though, I thought the combination of the look on Amy Poehler's face just as she announced the "Oh, My God, Are You Serious?" segment and Kenan Thompson's entire "fix it!" delivery (which should not have been funny, and probably won't be funny in retrospect, but which got funnier and funnier as it went on) pretty perfectly captured my own reaction to the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment