Monday, October 6, 2008

OKAY, AND CZAR? // YOU KNOW, LIKE A RUSSIAN CZAR: Kauai was the one island King Kamehameha did not conquer in his own lifetime. And it (not coincidentally) harbors the faintest outlines of Russia's abortive imperial ambitions for the Pacific. Other than that, it is most significant as the place where we Earthlings will be parking our collective butts for the next eight days.

Yes, the economy is crumbling, yes, my bank account will shortly be renominalized in Domars and, yes, I'm gainfully unemployed (although I have decided that following this layoff, I shall style myself retired), but if you need me, that's where I will be. I may ping Adam with a post or two if I can find something of cultural significance in Poipu or provide you with a brush-with-fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment