Thursday, April 14, 2011

AMERICA VOTED:  And there's at least a little to say.

Bottom three: Stefano, Haley, Paul.  Paul goes home.

He had been a sleeper pick of mine early on because the quirks and the maturity led me to assume that this was a fully-formed artist in the Kris Allen mode, someone who'd reinterpret things from week-to-week and grow as a performer as Adar II turned to Nisan.  But that change never came -- Paul was a one-trick pony with a weird, twitchy, ultimately less-than-appealing trick, and placed in the vulnerable opening slot he had little margin for error this week.

The slow march towards the inexorable Scotty-Lauren-James final three continues ...

6 comments:

  1. Robin9:12 PM

    I had a crush o<span>n Paul, so this seaso</span><span>n just got less tolerable for me. I will stick arou</span><span>nd to see what ki</span><span>nd of i</span><span>nteresti</span><span>ng </span><span>mistakes Casey makes</span><span>, though.
    </span>

    ReplyDelete
  2. victoria10:13 PM

    Haley and Casey were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second that.  Plus, Haley gets bonus points for singing on despite being the close-up recipient of those serial killer looks that Casey gives out.  I also thought that Lauren and Scotty were good, although she vocally is superior to him.

    Paul was not my first choice of a guy to go, but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next week: <span> "The Top 7 will sing songs from the 21st century."</span>

    In other words, Sing Whatever The Fuck You Want, for the 5th week out of 7 themes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan Suitor5:01 PM

    <span>Those might not be "serial killer looks" as much as they are "dorky guy love looks"; scuttlebutt has Haley and Casey as an item.</span>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn.5:41 PM

    I've seen those headlines.  He may not intend them as "serial killer looks," but I stand by the descriptor.

    ReplyDelete