Friday, July 29, 2011

RYAN MURPHY, A MANIFESTO:
  1. Glee is an aspirational show celebrating people unfairly maligned as losers by people who profess to be cool.
  2. Glee is a work of art made by an incredibly cool group of talented artists, all of whom are really popular and beloved by everybody who is cool, and all criticisms of Glee are the gripings of uncool, uncreative losers, like that loser Jew nerd perv on our show, what a loser.
  3. If you do not like Glee, you are opposed to arts education.
  4. Reporters must accurately report what I mean, not what I say, even if I refuse to say what I mean because it is a secret and the public is not allowed to know it yet.
  5. If I offer you a spin-off and you refuse it or are really resistant to it and then I tell a reporter you are not returning to Glee and I am terminating all discussions of any spin-off, you have not been fired and you did not just read in the newspaper that I fired you. You just read an accurate quote in a newspaper saying that you will be unable to continue in your current or any other job as a result of a decision that I made.

5 comments:

  1. KCosmo5:01 PM

    I've watched a couple episodes of the Glee Project recently, and my comment to Mr. Cosmo afterward was "Man, Ryan Murphy seems like kind of a dick, doesn't he?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. isaac_spaceman5:33 PM

    Not any different from all but a handful of other Hollywood showrunners, I would imagine, but yeah. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came up on a Videogum post about "Running With Scissors," but I think Ryan Murphy's IMDB page might be the least palatable for me personally. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt B9:38 PM

    Dude certainly takes the cake on as far as being a piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy in Philly7:47 PM

    The three bosses on Glee are a hot mess-- contradicting each other in public, this bizarre tantrum by Ryan Murphy. I'm a HUGE Glee fan but these morons are pissing me off.

    ReplyDelete