- Obviously, the headline is that not only will this investigation not yield murder charges on the girls in the container, but Ziggy's impulsive decision and the Greeks' quick response means that most of the smuggling evidence will be gone before McNulty hits CTRL-P, and Vondas and the Greek will have long skipped town.
- Oh, poor Ziggy and his overdone Bal'mer accent. But as one of Alan's commenters highlights, consider the contrast between prison-as-a-rite-of-passage for the Barksdale crew, versus prison-as-family-tragedy for the Sobotkas.
- (Still, how ironic is that for Landsman gets to clear a double-murder without doing any work for it?)
- Brother Mouzone. Okay, now I understand his DFL seeding in the Simmons tournament; he seems like a cartoon character (yet introduced like Pulp Fiction's The Wolf) in this otherwise realistic universe. Where's my Harper's? Come on.
- Agent Koutras. Yeah, that's a nice friend to have on the inside.
- It's amazing how well the police team works together now, and Prez's moment of wow as he surveys the cleaned-up boards is well-deserved. We know know what Good Police can accomplish ... even if Valchek doesn't care.
- McNulty. Sober-er, smart (the GPS ploy with the text messages), and generally well-behaved - except for the prostitutes, but, hey, he was outnumbered.
Two more to go.