A total of 67 guests succumb to vomiting and diarrhoea after dining at Noma, Denmark’s most famous gourmet restaurant.... The national food authorities, Fødevarestyrelsen, inspected the restaurant on February 20 after it received reports that a number of the restaurant's guests had become ill with Roskilde Sickness, a norovirus that causes vomiting and diarrhoea, after dining there from February 12-16.
Out of 78 guests served over the period, a total of 63 fell ill, which prompted Fødevarestyrelsen to make an inspection in which it found hygiene problems.
“There has been illness among staff who have handled the food products”, Fødevarestyrelsen wrote in its report. “The inspection visit was due to guests complaining of vomiting and diarrhoea.” Fødevarestyrelsen went on to criticise Noma for not disinfecting the kitchen in time in order to prevent the contagion from spreading. It also discovered that there was no hot water in the taps that staff used to wash their hands.
Saturday, March 9, 2013
ON SECOND THOUGHT, MAYBE DON'T TRY THE DANISH: Remember Noma, the "new Nordic" Copenhagen restaurant dubbed Best in the World, about which Eric J once said "It's amazing how many of the dishes on Noma's menu sound like what you'd make in the middle of February when the pantry is empty and you're just trying to stave off starvation until the winter is over" and Marsha added "I just don't want my food dragged through anything, even if it's more food"? Well, as the Copenhagen Post reports:
Posted by Adam at 8:05 AM