- Macklemore--11 weeks with a number 1 single (split between "Thrift Shop" and "Can't Hold Us") plus "Same Love" becoming a political anthem. In music, Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus also potentially come into play.
- Melissa McCarthy--The Heat + Identity Thief + Mike and Molly might push her over Bullock if Mike and Mollywere a bigger hit.
- A bunch of TV casts--Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, and Duck Dynasty.
- Benedict Cumberbatch--5 major movies, at least two of which (12 Years A Slave and August: Osage County) look to be big Oscar players, plus Sherlock. The very model of someone who's in the 9-12 sphere on the EW list.
- Tom Hanks--After some bombs, comes roaring back with Lucky Guy, Saving Mr. Banks, and Captain Phillips.
- Veronica Roth--The Divergent books are huge sellers (all 3 are on the Amazon 100 right now), and she brought the trilogy to an (apparently divisive) close this year.
Saturday, November 2, 2013
THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT: We're nearing year-end, and it's time to start speculating about who will be EW's Entertainer of The Year. If I were guessing at this point? Sandra Bullock becomes the first two-time winner courtesy of the strong critical and box office performance of both The Heat and Gravity. There are a bunch of folks who I'm pretty confident will make the list, but I can't see them coming in at the top spot, including:
Posted by Matt at 2:05 PM