- RITH-mih-kuh-lee, RITH-mihk-lee: Have you seen me on a dance floor? The opposite of that.
- kuh-LAH-tuh-ruhl: underrated Tom Cruise film.
- jih-BOOM: my daughter's been to sailing camp. She knows this I don't.
- kap-SAY-uh-sihn, kap-SAY-sin: what gets you on the Scoville scale
- puh-ROOSH: literally, the color of a parakeet (in French)
- tar-SOAR-uh-fee: stitching up eyelids, oh-ho-ho-ho!
- cher-tuh-SEE-nuh: "a Renaissance Italian style of elaborate inlay of bone, ivory, light-colored wood, metal, or other material in stylized designs against a dark background"
- gore-guh-NE-ahn: Medusa pictures used to scare away bad things
- muh-NYEHR, muh-NYEH-uhr: cooked in brown butter. Filet of sole, maybe?
- RAHN-duh-vel: a South African hut.
- tah-BLEE-tuh: Pueblo headdress.
- SCHMEAR-kayz, SCHMEAR-kay-zuh: cottage cheese.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
WE HAVE SPIES. EVERYWHERE: Here's the twelve words on today's preliminary spelling round. (Vocab separately.) They could do it via multiple choice, but y'all can do it without that assistance, right?
Posted by Adam at 3:32 PM