Monday, June 30, 2003

THE BOY WHO DISAPPOINTED: I really don't want to get into spoilers for those of you who haven't read/finished Order of the Phoenix yet, but for those who have, do you agree with me on this?
1. All the pre-Hogwarts stuff: great. Once you're at Hogwarts: repetitive of other books, boring.

2. Grawp = Kong = Yawn.

3. Final Revelation: unsurprising. Didn't we pretty much assume this from the beginning?

4. Neville Longbottom rules. So do Fred and George Weasley.

5. Yet at multiple times in the book, you will say, out loud, Shut The Fuck Up, Harry. Grrr. Teenagers, with their attitudes and all.

6. The Death: Rowling picked the character that affected me least out of the ones put in peril during the course of the book.

7. I really wanted to know more about the substance of the O.W.L.s.

The book, while entertaining at times (loved the trip to the Ministry), just didn't "raise the game" the way Goblet did. And those things which are now different from the end of Goblet, well, I don't see how Book 6 is going to do anything more than stall us before The Inevitable Conclusion.

More later, like, when I can speak more freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment