Tuesday, February 28, 2006

SINCE I'M WAITING TO WATCH TAR UNTIL LATER IN THE WEEK, I MAY AS WELL JUMP IN WITH THE AI POST FOR THE EVENING: After last week's estrogen-fueled AI, I was feeling pretty sure that the semifinals were just going to be a process of mowing girls down to find the right threesome to accompany Lisa, Paris, and Katharine into the finals. Not that I think that these three are at risk this week, but only one of them (Lisa) was really on tonight. Katharine sang prettily but blahly, and Paris -- well, I'm not sure what was going on with Paris, but it wasn't appealing.

The divide between the maybes and the definitely-nots is getting increasingly obvious. Ayla, Melissa, Mandisa, and Kellie are all vying mightily for the remaining three finalist slots, while Kinnik, Heather, and Brenna are fighting it out to see who gets to sing for us one more time before hitting the road. (Incidentally, although I -- and seemingly the entire studio audience -- hate Brenna as a human being, I did feel like the judges were a little excessively harsh.)

Feel free to offer your views on the ladies after you get done feeling choked up when Phil says "the world is waiting for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment