Tuesday, March 14, 2006

THE DHARMA INSTITUTE V. SEATTLE GRACE: So Grey's Anatomy fans are apparently deeply obsessive. This is not remotely surprising -- check out the number of comments that each posting on the writers' blog receives. (And let me reiterate herein how much I love that blog and how much it contributes to my enjoyment of the show -- I am hereby sending mental vibes to the writers and producers of every other show I watch to consider doing the same thing.) But to conclude that GA fans are television's most obsessive seems to ignore that rather significant polar bear in the corner of the room: Lost fans.

In a certain respect, Lost lends itself to fan mania more than GA does -- the mystery, the mythology, the clues, the Easter eggs. But GA has the nuanced relationships, the deep character development, the "these are my friends and I care what happens to them" element that makes its fans rehash every detail. (And, as you know, they both have the easy-on-the-eyes factor. Burke v. Jin? Kate v. Izzie? McDreamy v. Sawyer?)

Of course, this all leads to a question: which show has you more wrapped around its little finger, Lost or Grey's Anatomy? (For what it's worth, my answers to the head-to-heads posed are Jin, Izzie, and McDreamy.) Who ya got?

No comments:

Post a Comment