Tuesday, June 6, 2006

ONCE AGAIN EMBRACING THE COLLECTIVE WISDOM OF THE ALOTT5MA HIVE MIND: Mr. Cosmopolitan and I have just realized that we have ourselves a bit of a quandary.

The background is this: if all goes well, I'll be starting my maternity leave sometime in the next few weeks. Which means that we're going to be in need of a whole lot of TV to watch at odd hours of the day and night. (For those of you without offspring, believe me when I tell you that movies and books won't do the job.) And with it being summer and all, it's not like I have a bunch of regular season television available -- we're already struggling to find something to watch over dinner in the absence of our customary slate of shows. When Cosmo Girl was but a mere Cosmo Baby, we got lucky and discovered the first several seasons of The West Wing -- which we'd never watched -- airing nightly on Bravo. No such luck this time.

So here's the part where I reach out to all of you: which TV show DVDs should I be buying or preparing to Netflix? As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, I've got Firefly and the first season of Veronica Mars ready to go (although we're already about halfway through Firefly due to lack of willpower), and I'm thinking that the first season of Project Runway would make good fodder for the 3 am feeding slot. What else?

No comments:

Post a Comment