Saturday, June 10, 2006

CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET: I'm not in Vegas, but I am going to London next weekend. Well, the bulk of my time will be spent in Bradford-on-Avon, just south of Bath, so, as always, suggestions are welcome.

In the meantime, I thought I'd clear out my "Lists" bookmark folder (and let me apologize in advance to those bloggers from whom I poached these lists over the last few weeks, but I made no note of where these came from):
  • While Venom, The Sandman, and The Green Goblin will all be tormenting the Web Slinger in Spider-Man 3, but you can bet The Walrus, Vermin, or The Painter or any of the other bad guys featured in this list of the Spider-Man's 21 Worst villains aren't sitting by their phones waiting for calls from their agents.
  • Bob Dylan heads up Paste Magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Living Songwriters. Tom Waits comes in at No. 4, one ahead of Bruce, and two in front of Leonard Cohen. And the person I will be seeing tomorrow night at Ravinia and who is randomly on my iTunes right now, Elvis Costello, sneaks in the top 10 at No. 9.
  • Another one of those British music polls to determine the greatest album of all time came out and this time it Oasis whose album beats out the Beatles.
  • Pajiba counts down the 10 Worst Blockbusters of All Time, which is not to say the location at Wrightwood and Clark, but big budget films like Armageddon, Patch Adams, and The Phantom Menace.

No comments:

Post a Comment