Monday, March 5, 2007

KISS AND RIDE ON THE CTA: On a particularly frustrating commuting morning -- first to the office, then from the office downtown to the courthouse -- I had plenty of time to come up with my comprehensive rankings of every song ever written about commuting:
  • 1. Beastie Boys, "Mark on the Bus"
  • 2. Beatles, "A Day in the Life"
  • 3. Berlin, "The Metro" (can't say I like the song, but it gets bumped up from # 5 for this ridiculous video, with the crappy reception, the wooden lip-synching, and the overall 80sness)
  • 4. James Taylor, "Traffic Jam"
  • 5. Sheena Easton, "Morning Train"
I must be missing something. Am I missing anything?

Related note: somebody reserve a Nobel Prize for the genius who decided that during an alleged (but possibly apocryphal) renovation of the 10 east from downtown to west LA there would be no need for visible lane markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment